Wednesday, January 16, 2013

TWO Years Later

 
 
My little girl turned two recently.
 
It was two years ago my husband and I sat on the edge of our seats waiting...
 
waiting for hours on end in the lobby of a hospital.
 
I was nervous, excited, scared...
 
I had reminded myself to soak up every moment of that day no matter the outcome. 
Constantly reminding myself God was in control.
 

The minute I saw her face I gasped.

Gasped in utter amazement.

Overwhelmed with gratitude for her birth mom.

Overwhelmed with God's plan.


We are two years from that moment.
I still gasp...
Am still amazed at the gift of her.

And now I enjoy basking in the "single sweetest word" I could ever hear...
and that is to be called " mama" by her!

Happy Birthday Doodlebug!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I loved hearing you share your story. That first picture brings tears to my eyes. You and your family are so blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete